Maggie's Learning Adventures online activity is broken down into
four content areas: grammar, math, Spanish, and Science. Each
game focuses on different skills and can be played multiple times.
- Clean Up Your Grammar
- Edit Dan's Copy capitalization, final punctuation,
run-on sentences, quotation marks, apostrophes, and keyboarding
- Short Circuit prefixes, suffixes, and vocabulary
- Fish 'Em Up! spelling/phonics
- Super Match Game homophones
- Dude's Dilemma addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Around the World in 80 Seconds addition, subtraction,
- Spanish-English Cycle Race Spanish vocabulary
- ¡Limpia Tu Gramática! Spanish grammar
- Diagramando a la Ciencia Spanish science vocabulary
- El Dilema de Dude Spanish math vocabulary and math
- ¡Alrededor del Mundo en 80 Segundos! Spanish
math vocabulary and math skills
- Puzzle de Contraseña! Spanish consonants and
- Science Labeling memory, labeling, and science vocabulary
For integrated math problem solving activities, fiction and nonfiction
articles with follow-up activities, and more, visit The Teachers'
Lounge at www.missmaggie.org.
There are hundreds of free activities to download, duplicate,
and use in your classroom. You may even want to sign up for our
weekly activity packets, presented on two levels, primary and
intermediate. For over 100 pages of classroom-ready integrated
math activities at your fingertips, check out our booklet, Math
Mania, in The Bookstore at www.missmaggie.org.
All activities are available on two levels: primary and intermediate
so students can complete math problems at their level and still
discuss the topics with their classmates.
Scholastic's Online Activities are designed to support the teaching
of standards-based skills. While participating in the Maggie's
Earth Adventure project, students become proficient with several
of these skills.
1. Use Web technology to practice math,
science, Spanish, and grammar skills.
2. Build on math skills to higher levels
3. Improve on grammar skills within different skill sets
4. Use technology tools to make connections between English and Spanish
grammar and vocabulary
5. Track progress on different skill sets
6. Identify scientific structures