Multiple-Choice Test A multiple-choice test has several
different answer choices for each question. Circle the letter
next to the response that best answers each question. If you are
not sure of an answer, first eliminate the ones you're sure are
wrong. Then select the answer you think is best.
1. What would be another good title for the section
on Hispanic History in the Americas?
a. America Before Christopher Columbus
b. Early Hispanic History in America
c. Important Places in North and South America
d. Hispanic-History Time Lines
2. Which phrase is a good description of the word
a. traditions that Hispanic people have
b. things that make you proud of yourself
c. traditions that come from ancestors
d. places from where your parents came
3. What is another word that means about the same
4. What is one of the most important contributions
Hispanic people have made in North America?
a. the spread of the Spanish language
b. the discovery of a new world
c. a new form of theater
d. the development of rich cultures with influential
5. Which traits are not part of a Hispanic heritage?
a. folklorico dancing
b. the Spanish language
c. family from Cuba, Mexico, or Argentina
d. playing bagpipes
6. How far back do Hispanic roots in America go?
a. 1,000 years
b. 500 years
c. 100 years
d. 700 years
7. In which careers have Hispanics made great contributions?
d. all of the above
8. Why might it have been hard for Hispanics to make
achievements in many fields?
a. Some people discriminate against others who have
a different heritage.
b. Some people do not like the ballet folklorico.
c. Hispanics are new to the United States and have
not had time to make achievements.
d. Until recently, jobs have been scarce.
9. Why is it useful to speak Spanish in the United
a. It's one of the main languages of the Internet.
b. Many Americans speak Spanish.
c. People who speak Spanish are usually popular.
d. Spanish is more common in the United States than
any other language.
10. Why might it be important to know about your
a. Knowing about your heritage will help you find
a good job.
b. It will help you know what food to eat and what
clothes to wear.
c. It can make you feel proud of who you are.
d. There is no important reason to learn about your