Now it's time to revise your work. This means improving the information in your writing. Remember, don't make spelling, grammar, or punctuation changes. You will do that later.
Use the revision process to:
- Rearrange your writing in an order that makes sense. Use time order by putting events in the order in which they happened, or order the events from most exciting to least.
- Remove information that doesn't have anything to do with the main ideas.
- Add additional information to better explain or describe an event.
- Replace words and details with more descriptive words.
- Include lots of detail.
Schedule a Peer Review.
- Exchange papers with a classmate.
- Ask your classmate to use the Peer Review Checklist below as they review your writing.
- Always remember that this is your work. Don't make changes unless you feel it will improve the work.
At this point, your research paper should include:
- a good flow of words, events, and ideas
- an order of events or stories that makes sense
- good transitions between ideas
- a lot of description
- A list of the sources you used for your research