Grade PreK–K Advisor
Lessons & Strategies from Jeremy
- The Gingerbread Man "Erase-a-Rhyme" Lesson Plan
- Settling In to Kindergarten
- Communicating With Parents in Pictures
- Addressing Different Learning Styles
- Assessment Strategies for the "New" Kindergarten
- Meet Your Vegetables Unit Plan
- Dr. Seuss Mini-Unit
- Teaching Beginning Writers
Through lessons, tips, and daily blog musings, this Massachusetts-based teacher shows you how he combines art appreciation, music, movement, drama, environmental studies, community service learning projects, and an appreciation of picture book design to make learning fun and active.
Grade 1–2 Advisor
Lessons & Strategies from Jill
- Teaching With Leo Lionni
- How to Prep for the Start of the School Year
- A Year-Long Plan for Maintaining Good Parent-Teacher Communication
- 4 Proven Strategies for Differentiating Instruction
- Getting First Graders Ready for Standardized Testing & Evaluations
- Sheltering Shells Unit Plan
- Have a Heart Mini-Unit
- Student-Created Poetry Slideshow in PowerPoint
This marks Jill's 10th year of teaching in Tennessee schools. Get an up-close look at the unique environment she creates for her Gifted & Talented students and discover ways you can implement her creative, hands-on techniques in your own classroom.
Grade 3–5 Advisor
Lessons & Strategies from Marissa
- A Salute to American Symbols
- Shoot for Higher Learning as a Team
- Involving Students in Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Differentiation in a Reader's Workshop
- Using Games & Team Activities for Test Review
- Overboard for Owls Unit
- All Aboard the Underground Railroad Mini Unit
- Writing for the Web
Marissa's "Team 16" welcomes you to be part of their daily learning activities. Download lessons and try the fun, student-focused techniques created by this District Teacher of the Year, who was also a top ten finalist for San Diego County Teacher of the Year.
Grade 6-8 Advisor
Lessons & Strategies from Kechia
- The Big Ideas in Bud, Not Buddy
- 9 Techniques for Building Solid Parent-Teacher Relationships
- 8 Lessons Learned on Differentiating Instruction
- Top 10 Terms Students Need to Know to Be Successful on Standardized Tests
- Using Poetry to Explore Change and Belonging Unit
- Using African-American Literature to Explore Courage Mini Unit
- Activities for Demonstrating the Traits of Writing
As a 6th-grade language arts/reading teacher in South Carolina, Kechia is dedicated to building her students intellectually, mentally, and emotionally. See how she injects enthusiasm and rigor into her teaching plans, giving them 110% and expecting the same in return.
High School Advisor
Lessons & Strategies from Nicole
- What's the Problem? Exploring Conflict in "On the Sidewalk Bleeding"
- The Critical First Week of High School
- Keeping High School Parents Involved & Informed
- Thematic Differentiation for High School Literacy
- Preparing High School Students for Standardized Exams
- Adolescent Issues Unit
- Music Censorship Mini Unit
- Who Am I?
A READ 180 teacher at a New York City school, Nicole strives to capitalize on technology to help her students succeed. Among her lessons, tips, and weekly reflections, you'll find practical ideas for integrating technology into your everyday teaching plans.