1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, student must write a dystopian story, not to exceed four (4) pages, that depicts a future world that has gone horribly wrong. Entries must be mailed to: TAB/TRC Dystopian Writing Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. Entries must be received by February 10, 2012. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on creativity, execution, and clarity of thought. Winners will be notified on or about March 5, 2012. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students in grades 6 and up who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies, (collectively, the “related entities”), are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner who will receive a trip for two to a location to be determined, to attend the March 2012 premiere of “The Hunger Games.” Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for the winner and the winner’s parent or legal guardian from the major commercial airport closest to winner's residence (winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary) and one (1) night hotel accommodations; ground transportation while in the city to be determined, and $400.00 spending money. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $2.500.00.) Entrant and accompanying guest must be available to travel between the dates March 1 and March 31, 2012. If winner can not travel on specified dates, prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate. Actual value of prize trip may vary depending on winner's residence and seasonal rates. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes and international tariffs, are the winner's sole responsibility.
5. All entrants and their guests, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this Contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner and his or her guest. The winner, and his/her guest, will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner and his or her guest grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prize winner (available after March 5, 2012), will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain a name of the winner by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, TAB/TRC Dystopian Writing Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714 by April 27, 2012.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012