1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.To enter, students must offer their written advice about how to handle a bully in a positive way. Entries must be no more than one-page long and include student name, age, and grade, teacher name, school name, address, and phone number. Entries must be mailed to: Super Battle Against Bullies Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714, and received by November 15, 2012. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on content, clarity of thought, and execution. Winners will be notified on or about December 20, 2012. Scholastic Books Clubs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students in grades 1–4 in a U.S. school who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their immediate families, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. One (1) grand-prize winner will receive a classroom visit from Dav Pilkey. (Estimated retail value: $2,500) Date of visit will be determined by Sponsor in coordination with the winning teacher and the author. Twenty (20) runners-up will receive a Captain Underpants prize package, including a signed copy of the new Captain Underpants book. (Estimated retail value: $169.99)
5. All entrants and their guest, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner and his or her guest. The winner and his/her guest will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner and his or her guest grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after January 3, 2013), will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by February 15, 2012, to: Winners List, Super Battle Against Bullies Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012