1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, students must work together to create one (1) birthday card for Clifford that is from the entire class. The card should be no larger than 8 ½" x 11". Each entry must include the following information: teacher name, grade level, school name, address, and telephone number. Send all entries to: Clifford’s Big Birthday Classroom Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. All entries must be received by December 14, 2012. No other means of entry will be accepted. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents who are teachers currently employed in a U.S. school teaching grades PreK–2. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. One (1) entry per classroom. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant, and represent that their entries are original and grant to Sponsor the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entries without further notice or compensation. Sponsor’s decisions concerning all matters relating to this sweepstakes shall be final and binding.
4. Sponsor and Related Entities shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions, or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes.
5. Five (5) winners will be selected at random to receive an all-expenses-paid classroom birthday party, including a visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog and a Clifford book for every student in the winning classroom. (Estimated value: $500) Winners will be notified on or about January 15, 2013.
6. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, the Related Entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, affiliates, distributors, and agencies from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes or use of a prize once accepted.
7. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes will be allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
8. The winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. One (1) or more winners may also be required to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, each winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to choose the winners it wishes to participate in such Media Events. By accepting the prize, all winners, whether or not chosen to participate in such Media Events, agree to release Sponsor, Related Entities, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their selection, non-selection, participation, or non-participation in any Media Event.
9. TFor the names of the prizewinners (available after January 15, 2013) go to Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests or mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by March 1, 2013, to: Winners List, Clifford’s Big Birthday Classroom Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012