1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, place an order of Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers through a Scholastic Book Clubs offer between September 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012. The one hundred (100) teachers who place the highest number of class orders containing that title in that time frame will win the sweepstakes. Or teachers can send a postcard with teacher name, grade level, and school name, address, and phone number to: Dav Pilkey’s Giant Signed Underpants, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. Postcards must be received by December 31, 2012. Postcards will be counted as the equivalent of a single book purchase. No other means of entry accepted. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Winners will be notified on or about January 15, 2013. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to teachers of grades K–8 in U.S. schools and who are U.S. residents. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. One hundred (100) winners will be selected based on the number of copies of Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers that are ordered in the allotted time period or the number of postcards received during the allotted time period. Each winner will receive a giant pair of underwear signed by Dav Pilkey and framed for display. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $10.)
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this sweepstakes, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winning schools. The principals of the winning schools will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns, biographical information, and entries for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winners may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winners’ availability, the winners agree to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor and related entities and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after January 24, 2013) will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the winners list by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 21, 2013, to: Winners List, Dav Pilkey’s Giant Signed Underpants, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012