1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To be automatically entered, place a January Scholastic Book Clubs order that includes at least one eBook or send a postcard with teacher name, grade level, Scholastic Book Clubs customer number, and school name, address, and phone number to: The Great Storia Giveaway, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. Orders must be placed and postcards must be received between December 4, 2012, and January 31, 2013. No other means of entry accepted.
2.Winners will be selected by a random drawing and notified on or about February 21, 2013. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to all teachers teaching in grades PreK–8 in a U.S. school and who are legal residents of the U.S. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Five (5) Grand Prize–winning teachers will be selected at random to receive, on behalf of their schools, an iPad Mini (preloaded with a Storia eBook digital library) for every student (up to 32 students) in the class. The iPad Minis are to be used by the winning teacher with his/her class, but belong to the school in which that teacher is teaching at the time the prize is received. (Approximate retail value: $15,000) One hundred (100) Runner-Up Winners will be selected at random to receive a Storia eBook digital classroom library. (Approximate retail value: $150.) All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes and international tariffs, are each winner's sole responsibility.
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this sweepstakes, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winning schools. The principals of the winning schools will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns, biographical information, and entries for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winners may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winners’ availability, the winners agree to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor and related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after February 21, 2013) will be listed on the Scholastic website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the winners list by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, The Great Storia Giveaway, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714, by April 2, 2013.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012