1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, student must submit an entry that expresses the statement “I Love to Read!” in one of these five categories: Art, Essay, Poetry, Video, or Other Media. The Art category includes drawing, painting, and photography. There are no restrictions on the materials that can be used, but entry must be no larger than 9" x 12". The entries in the Essay and Poetry categories must not exceed 200 words. The Video category entries must be no longer than two (2) minutes. Other Media includes any 3-D art form and should be submitted through photographic representation. If more than one photograph is needed to successfully represent the object, those photographs must be bound together so as to be a single presentation. This category can also be used to submit entries that don’t fit in any of the other categories. The following information must be on each entry: student’s name, teacher’s name, grade level, school name, school address, and phone number. Entries must be mailed to: I Love to Read! Student Creativity Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. Entries must be received by March 1, 2013. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on content, creativity, clarity of thought, heartfelt expression, and execution. Winners will be notified on or about May 3, 2013. Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students attending U.S. schools in grades PreK–8 who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies, (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. ere will be one (1) winner in each of the five (5) categories who will receive $10,000 for him or herself and an additional $10,000 for the winner’s school, which is to be used for a literacy-based improvement within the school. (Value of this prize is $20,000.) Up to ten (10) entries in each of the categories may be featured in Scholastic Book Clubs’ online Gallery of Readers (“Gallery”). Scholastic is under no obligation to feature or otherwise post any of the entries in its Gallery. But by entering, entrants consent to their entry being posted in the Gallery at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, and its respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prizewinners (available after May 3, 2013) will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, I Love to Read! Student Creativity Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714, by June 7, 2013.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012