1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, student must write a story, not longer than two pages, that explores the idea of going back in time, to a specific moment time, in order to change an event in history. The story should make clear the time period, the physical location, the event, and what the character would change. The font size and spacing are the choice of the writer. Entries must be mailed to: Infinity Ring Rewrite History Contest 2012, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. Entries must be received by November 26, 2012. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on creativity, execution, and clarity of thought. Winners will be notified on or about January 10, 2013. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students attending U.S. schools in grades 4 through 9 who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies, (collectively, the “related entities”), are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. There will be one (1) grand prize winner who will receive an all-expense-paid classroom visit from author, James Dashner. Date of visit will be determined by Scholastic in coordination with the winning teacher and the author. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $2,500.00.) There will be five (5) runners up who will receive a signed copy of Infinity Ring: A Mutiny in Time for every student in the winners’ classroom. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $250.00.)
5. All entrants and their guest, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner and his or her guest. The winner, and his/her guest, will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner and his or her guest grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prize winner (available after January 18, 2013), will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain a name of the winner by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, Infinity Ring Rewrite History Contest 2012, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714 by February 28, 2013.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012