1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, students must draw new shoes for Pete the Cat. Students may draw their picture freehand or use the reproducible activity sheet included on the back of the Pete the Cat wipe-off poster. Students may use crayons, pastels, pencils, or markers. Pictures should be no larger than 8 ½" x 11". Entries must include student name, age, and grade, teacher name, school name, address, and phone number and be mailed to: Draw My Shoes Contest 2012, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. Entries must be received by November 5, 2012. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on content, creativity, and execution. Winners will be notified on or about December 14, 2012. Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students in grades K–2 in U.S. schools who are legal residents of the U.S. Employees, and members of their immediate families, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. Two (2) grand-prize winners will win a classroom visit from Eric Litwin or James Dean. Date and time of the visit, as well as which Pete the Cat creator will be visiting, will be determined by Scholastic in coordination with the winner. In addition, each grand-prize winner will receive a pair of Scholastic Book Clubs customized sneakers and three Pete the Cat books. The teacher of each grand-prize winner will receive a Pete the Cat CD Collection. (Estimated retail value: $2,500) Ten (10) runners-up will receive a pair of Scholastic Book Clubs customized sneakers and three Pete the Cat books. (Estimated retail value: $60)
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor and its respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after December 21, 2012) will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 25, 2013, to: Winners List, Draw My Shoes! Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012