1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, students must draw a portrait of a U.S. president, no larger than 9" x 12", using crayons, pastels, pencils, markers, paints, or collage. The name of the president must be at the bottom of the portrait. The following information must be on the back of each entry: student’s name, teacher’s name, age, grade level, school name, school address, and phone number. Send all entries to: Picture a President, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. Entries must be received by November 9, 2012. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on creativity and execution. Winners will be notified on or about January 8, 2013. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students attending U.S. schools in grades K through 6 who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. One (1) grand-prize winner will receive an all-expenses-paid three-day/two-night trip for two (winner and guardian) to Washington, D.C., and a 50-book USA Library for the winner’s classroom (estimated retail value: $2,500.). Ten (10) runners-up will receive a 50-book USA Library (estimated retail value: $200).
5. All entrants and their guests, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner and his/her guest. The winner and his/her guest will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner and his/her guest grant to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prizewinner (available after January 18, 2013) will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, Picture a President 2012, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714, by February 28, 2013.