1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, a Scholastic Book Clubs Red Apple teacher must order from any Scholastic Book Clubs catalog by April 30, 2013, or send a postcard with teacher’s name, grade level, school name, address, and telephone number to: Red Apple April Monthly Moment, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. All purchases must be made and postcards received by April 30, 2013. Winner will be notified by May 17, 2013. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail. YOUR ORDER IS AN AUTOMATIC ENTRY INTO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2. Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to all Red Apple Scholastic Book Clubs teachers teaching in U.S. schools in grades PreK through 12 who are legal U.S. residents. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “related entities”), are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. There will be ten (10) Winners who will receive a Classroom Party with a visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog. Parties must be arranged and executed by the winning teacher with receipts being reimbursed by Scholastic Book Clubs up to $100 for paper supplies and food. Scheduling of the parties and the Clifford visit will be done by Scholastic Book Clubs in coordination with the winning teacher. In addition, the winning teacher will receive a class set of three books. The titles of these three books may be chosen by the teacher. (Value of this prize is $750.00.)
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this Sweepstakes, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prizewinners (available after May 17, 2013) will be listed on the Sponsor website at scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, Red Apple April Monthly Moment, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714 by June 20, 2013.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012