1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, student must draw a picture of themselves at the circus. How the student depicts him or herself at the circus is entirely up to the student. Pictures should be no larger than 8 ½” x 11”.Students may use pencil, pen, crayon, paint, pastel, or marker. Each entry must include the following information: student name, teacher name, school name, grade/age, school address, and phone number. Send all entries to: "Skippyjon Circus Contest," P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. All entries must be received by February 15, 2013. Winners will be chosen based on content, skill and execution. Winners will be notified by March 28, 2013. All entries, including rights in of winning entries, become the property of Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S. currently attending Kindergarten and First Grade, except those with family members living in the same household who are employees of Sponsor, its parent, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and its advertising, promotion, and production agencies, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. One entry per person. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry is their original work and grant to Sponsor the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entries without further notice or compensation. Sponsor’s decisions concerning all matters relating to this contest shall be final and binding.
4. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a one-day in-school circus experience and a class set of Skippyjon Jones books. Date of visit will be determined by Scholastic in coordination with the winning teacher and circus company. (Estimated retail value: $3500.) Ten (10) Runners Up will receive a class set of Skippyjon Jones books and a “Circus in a Box” with supplies for a classroom circus party. (Estimated retail value: $125.00.)
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, its affiliates, distributors, and agencies from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner and/or the principal of the winning school will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider and their respective related entities, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. For the names of the prizewinners (available after March 28, 2013), go to www.scholastic.com/clubcontests or send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 19, 2013 to: WINNERS LIST, “Skippyjon Circus Contest”, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714.