1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, teacher must place an order that includes at least one copy of any Who Would Win? book, written by Jerry Pallotta and offered in the September Lucky Book Club offer, or send a postcard with teacher name, grade level, school name, address, and telephone number to: Who Would Win? Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. All purchases must be made and postcards received by November 15, 2012. Winner will be notified by December 4, 2012. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to teachers in grades K through 8 who are legal U.S. residents and are currently teaching in U.S. schools. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Only one (1) entry per person.
4. There will be one (1) grand-prize winner who will receive a class visit from Jerry Pallotta, a class set of all eight (8) Who Would Win? books, and a signed Who Would Win? poster. Scholastic and the author will work with the winner to determine the date of the visit. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $2,500.) Five (5) runner-up winners will receive a class set of Who Would Win? Whale vs. Giant Squid books and a signed Who Would Win? poster. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $100.) All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes and international tariffs, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this sweepstakes, and their respective Related Entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes will be allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to the winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective Related Entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after December 11, 2012) will be listed on the Sponsor website at www.scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 18, 2013, to: Winners List, Who Would Win? Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012