- Take the first apple and ask students how two people could share it.
Cut the apple in half.
- Take the second apple and ask students how three people could share
it. Cut the apple in thirds.
- Take the third apple and ask students how four people could share
it. Cut the apple in fourths.
- Give each student a copy of The Fractions
Game and provide the following instructions for play:
- Each player takes turns rolling the dice.
- The number that appears on the die indicates the number of slices
the player can color in on any of the apples.
- The winner is the one who colors in all the slices on all the apples
- three apples
- knife (for adult use only)
- The Fractions Game reproducible