- Internet Field Trips
- Simple Machines in our World
Build your knowledge of simple machines and their importance in everyday life.
- Lesson Plans
- Dirtmeister's Science Lab: How Can You Lift Four Times Your Weight?
A hands-on experiment with levers led by science expert Steve Tomecek
- Dirtmeister's Science Lab: Roll With the Changes
A hands-on experiment with friction is lead by science expert Steve Tomecek
- Magic School Bus: Goes on Air: Air Pressure
Air may be pushy stuff, but can it push up heavy objects? Find out.
- Magic School Bus: Plays Ball: Forces
Discover the effect friction has on a moving object.
- Magic School Bus: Revving Up: Engines
Race milk-carton buses using the power of air-filled balloons as engines,
- National Paper Airplane Contest
K-2, 3-5, 6-8
Start a paper airplane contest in your school and prove just how far and how long your airplanes can fly.
- Taking Flight: Flight
Explore how coasters glide by observing the way different paper objects fall to the ground.
- What Makes Paper Airplanes Fly?
Soar into learning about the aerodynamics of paper airplane flying.
- Online Activities Teacher Guides
- SciMan Says Super Science Game Teacher's Guide
The teacher's guide to the online activity that has students uncover the mystery science subject.
- Rockets: Which Will Fin-ish First?
Discover the stabilizing effect of rocket fins.
- Rub a Dub
Find out about friction with Ms. Frizzle.