- Internet Field Trips
- For Good Measure
K-2, 3-5, 6-8
A flurry of weather Web sites will teach kids about measuring the weather.
- Linking to Save the Earth
Discover ways people are protecting the earth's environment and its creatures.
- Lesson Plans
- Dirtmeister's Science Lab: Weather or Not
A hands-on science experiment with cloud formation and condensation is lead by science expert Steve Tomecek
- Global Greenhouse
Find out how Earth's atmosphere traps the sun's heat.
- Kicks Up a Storm: Weather
Make a wind spiral and see how warm air rises.
- Look to the Skies!
Encourage children to look up, down, and all around them.
- Magic School Bus: Goes on Air: Air Pressure
Air may be pushy stuff, but can it push up heavy objects? Find out.
- Sees Stars: Stars
Students do this take-home activity and then report their star counts and explore why stars cannot be seen in the daytime.
- Wet All Over: Water
Dive into hands-on activities and learn about the water cycle.
- Online Activities Teacher Guides
- Scholastic News Teacher's Guide
Lesson planning suggestions for using Scholastic News in the classroom.
- SciMan Says Super Science Game Teacher's Guide
The teacher's guide to the online activity that has students uncover the mystery science subject.
- Weather Watch Teacher's Guide
Lesson-planning suggestions for using the "Hurricanes!" online activity in the classroom.