- Internet Field Trips
- Animals, A - Z
Take a virtual tour of the National Zoo or search for your favorite animal on the Web.
- Crocodiles and Alligators
Use the Web to answer questions about crocs and gators.
Use the Web to research the unique habitat of the desert.
- Earth Day Cyberhunt
Explore vital issues as recycling, land conservation, and the long-term survival of all living things.
- Exploring Oceans on the Web
K-2, 3-5, 6-8
Go to the depths of the ocean's floor with these great online sites.
- Fit and Fitted
K-2, 3-5, 6-8
Explore how animals and people adapt to their environments.
- Life in the Rainforest
K-2, 3-5, 6-8
Join this virtual field trip to the heart of lush rainforests around the world.
- Linking to Save the Earth
Discover ways people are protecting the earth's environment and its creatures.
- Surprises of the Deserts
Access Web resources to discover deserts all over the world.
- Temperate Rain Forests
Explore this important habitat and answer questions about rain forests.
- The Everglades
Discover the facts about animal life in this unique southern United States habitat and the threats to the Everglades.
- Lesson Plans
- Animal Habitats
Get in the "habit" of investigating the world around you with this animal habitat activity.
- Desert Life Cyber-Crossword
Find out facts about life in the desert and solve the crossword.
- Dirtmeister's Science Lab: How Does Acid Rain Affect the Ecosystem?
A hands-on experiment on the effects of acid rain on ecosystems led by science expert Steve Tomecek
- Explore Antarctica
Take a cool cybervisit to the fascinating continent of Antarctica. Source: Instructor magazine
- Learning About the Equator
Study some of the hottest places on Earth such as the bustling cities along the 25,000 mile-long equator.
- Life in the Arctic Tundra
Go on an imaginary expedition to the frozen desert of the Arctic.
- Magic School Bus: Butterfly and the Bog Beast: Butterflies
Design butterflies to understand how their colors and shapes serve as camouflage.
- Magic school bus: Cold Feet: Warm-/Cold-Blooded
Learn about cold-blooded animals by thinking about where a lizard might stay at various times.
- Magic School Bus: Dries Up: Desert Adaptation
Find out about desert animals while discovering which foods they eat contain water.
- Magic School Bus: Hops Home: Habitat
Create an indoor home for an earthworm and learn about habitats.
- Magic School Bus: In a Beehive: Honeybees
Dance the Honey Bee-Bop and try to communicate like a bee.
- Magic School Bus: In the Arctic: Heat
Learn how insulation keeps animals warm with these experiments.
- Magic School Bus: In the City: City Critters
Take a wildlife field trip of the neighborhood to discover what animals might live there.
- Magic School Bus: In the Rain Forest: Rain Forest Ecology
Discover how all animals are interconnected through this activity.
- Magic School Bus: Meets the Rot Squad: Decomposition
Learn about decomposition by observing what happens to leaves mixed in damp soil.
- Magic School Bus: Spins a Web: Spiders
Observe spiders in their habitats or in a "spider hotel."
Learn about insects and other small creatures in this cross-curricular lesson.
- Oceans: Online Theme Unit
Use the Web to find information about oceans and marine life.
- On Defense
With this rich lesson plan you can teach some of the tricks that prey use to stay alive. (PDF) Source: Super Science Crosswords
- Racing Downstream
In this game, learn about dangers fish face as they swim down the river.
- Rain Forest: Online Theme Unit
See how rainfall varies in different ecosystems and parts of the world.
- Something Fishy
Make observations about how goldfish are adapted to their life in the water.
- Teaching Science With Video
This article provides useful tips for using video in the science classroom.
- The Arctic: Online Theme Unit
Discover information about the Arctic in this series of cross-curricular activities.
- The Great Outdoors
Grow a garden, explore nature, and learn about plants and trees with the activities in this theme unit.
- Wildfires Instructor Online Theme Unit
Find out all about wildfires with this series of cross-curricular activities focused around various Web sites.
- Online Activities Teacher Guides
- Global Trek: Teacher's Guide
Lesson-planning suggestions on how to use the "Global Trek" online activitiy in the classroom.
- Scholastic Explorers: Endangered Ecosystems: Teacher's Guide
Lesson-planning suggestions for using the "Endangered Ecosystems" online activity in the classroom.
- Scholastic Explorers: Ocean Life: Teacher's Guide
Lesson planning suggestions on using the "Ocean Life" online activity in the classroom.
- Science Expedition: New Zealand: Teacher's Guide
A teacher's guide to the online activity that focuses on New Zealand.
- Find the Animals
Find out where animals live in the winter with this graphing activity.
- The Busy Pond
Explore pond life with this mini-book. (PDF) Source: 25 Science Mini-Books
- What Makes Up an Ecosystem?
Demonstrate how changes in an ecosystem affect its inhabitants with this activity.
- Who Lives in the Pond?
Explore pond life with this mini-book. (PDF) Source: 25 Science Mini-Books for Emergent Readers