Safety Tips to Send Home
If your children will be trick-or-treating this Halloween, be sure it's a fun and safe experience. The National SAFE KIDS Campaign recommends these precautions:
This article was featured in the October/November issue of Parent & Child.
- Accompany your children on their trick-or-treat rounds.
- Have your children return home before eating their goodies. Check that all food is tamperproof.
- Make sure your children's costumes are bright enough to be visible at night and short enough to avoid tripping.
- Give your child a flashlight to carry.
- Make your front steps or porch safe for visiting children. Remove all breakable items and obstacles, such as stools, chairs, ladders, and toys.