Try Storyworks FREE!
brings exciting reading and important skills exercises to your language arts class every month.
Here's how Storyworks engages your young language arts learners:
- 6 Issues per year are filled with inspiring reading in a wide variety of genres.
- Riveting Narrative Nonfiction including short, accessible passages, help students build nonfiction reading skills and confidence and brings kid-friendly topics to life with vivid photography and engaging prose.
- Exclusive Fiction by today's top children's authors gives your students new reading material from the writers they know and love.
- Read-Aloud Plays adapted from classic stories, popular movies or exciting historical events build reading confidence and are an easy way to boost class participation.
- Poetry introduces children to figurative language with accessible contemporary and classic poems.
- Writing Practice is included in every issue with writing prompts that follow every major article plus contests and a "Reviews By You" section encourage students to send in their own work.
- Compare & Contrast feature has students write about the differences and similarities between two high-interest subjects.
- Grammar Skills activities reinforce essential language arts concepts, such as tenses, parts of speech and capitalization.
- Vocabulary words frequently found on standardized tests are called out in the text.
- Test Prep bubble tests are designed to build the skills students need for standardized test taking success.
- Teacher's Edition with every issue includes4 in-depth lesson plans, at-a-glance planning guide, bonus writing prompts, and reproducible skills sheets.
- Online Resources are FREE with your subscription. You'll have complete access to digital articles and lesson plans for the whiteboard, slideshows focused on reading and writing skills, anchoring videos, vocabulary activities, interactive quizzes and more!
Place your FREE-Trial order now to bring Storyworks into your class.
View and print items marked PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher.
Get Adobe Reader® for free.