Scholastic Reading Counts! is an independent reading program for Grades K–12 which combines reading practice and software-based reading assessment. Instructionally flexible, mastery focused, and professionally written, SRC! is the program PROVEN to develop reading skills, help raise test scores, and motivate students to achieve reading success.
Scholastic Reading Counts! edges out the competition with BETTER quizzes, which lead to more ACCURATE data and that provides more ACTIONABLE reports to keep every student on track for success.
- EASY: Start with any great book found in your classroom library, school library, or public library—fiction, nonfiction, and curriculum-based books that kids WANT to read!
- LEVELED: Students choose a title from a personalized SRC! book list that is appropriate for their skills and matches their interests. All SRC! titles align with the Lexile Framework® for Reading, making it easy to match a student with a book at just-the-right level for them.
- SIMPLE: Students read a book and take the corresponding quiz. SRC! automatically generates a quiz that meets each student's reading needs.
- ACTIONABLE: Every quiz provides a true, formative, curriculum-based assessment so you can use SRC! as a regular progress monitor. Students can continue to retake different quizzes on the same book to ensure skills mastery.
- FUN: Kid-friendly selections and leveled quiz content ensure that every independent reading experience will be a successful one.
- BEST VALUE: SRC! is the most cost-effective solution available to improve students’ independent reading accountability.