New Leveled Bookroom Resource Kit
Each Leveled Bookroom includes a Resource Kit equipped with new and powerful tools that fully support teachers and students build successful learning outcomes.
Over 250 New Books
The NEW Scholastic Leveled Bookrooms offer over 900 unique titles within a variety of text types, genres, themes, and content areas, helping all students move through increasingly complex texts. There are six copies of each title, each pre-stickered with their Guided Reading level, and pre-packed in their own plastic bag. Each title comes with its own Teaching Card.
Pre-leveled, pre-stickered, & pre-packed!
We've made things even easier for you! Now in addition to being pre-leveled, all books come pre-labeled with guided reading leveling stickers,
Streamlined Assessment Tools
Next Step Guided Reading Assessment provides data-driven instruction and learning analytics to guide students through complex texts.
Bookroom Resource Kit includes:
• 15 New Implementation Guides addressing:
- Common Core State Standards
- Text-Dependent Questions & Close Reading
- Guided Reading & 21st Century Learning Skills
- And More!
• 5 Guided Reading Toolkits
• Text Set Finder Website Access
• Set-Up Guide
• Guided Reading Implementation DVD & Viewing Guide
Text Set Finder Access:
Link Coming Soon
Leveled Bookroom Resource Kit
- School Fun by Stella Baker
- Sea Animals by Annie Thomas
- In the Desert by Alex Ives
- A Day with Paramedics by Jan Kottke
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
- Henry and Mudge and the Funny Lunch by Cynthia Rylant
- The Principal from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler
- Who Eats What? Food Chains and Food Webs by Patricia Lauber
- Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Uranium Unicorns from Uranus by Dav Pilkey
- Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
- Tar Beach by Faith Ringgold
- Sacajawea: Her True Story by Joyce Milton
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konisburg
- Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship by Craig Hatkoff
- Magic Pickle : The Full Color Graphic Novel by Scott Morse
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Sojourner Truth: Ain't I a Woman? by Patricia C. McKissack
- Ghostopolis by Doug Tennapel
- Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer & Andrew Donkin
- Bad Boy: A Memoir by Walter Dean Myers
- Chasing Lincoln's Killer
by James L. Swanson
Grades K-6 | Levels A-Z
6 copies of each title are conveniently pre-organized in plastic bags. A Master Title List and Identification Stickers (that include each book’s Title, Author, Genre, Guided Reading, DRA, and Lexile Levels) are available and can be downloaded at your convenience. Each title comes with a teaching card with tips on building rich content-area vocabulary, making real-world connections, and more.
Teachers are empowered to uncover students’ reading interests, their understanding of how words work, and their instructional reading levels, along with their strengths and weaknesses in the areas of decoding, self-monitoring, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Developed and classroom-tested by master reading teachers Jan Richardson, Ph.D. and Maria Walther, Ed.D., this smart assessment kit includes:
- Original Literary and Informational Assessment Texts for guided reading levels A – N (Grades K—2) and levels K—Z (Grades 3—6)
- Teacher's Guide
- Reproducible Assessment Forms Book and CD
- Assessment Conference Book
- Online data management system and view-and-do videos
- Sturdy Storage Box for keeping all the material organized