Scholastic Phonics Inventory data is managed in the Scholastic Achievement Manager (SAM), the data backbone for Scholastic's Enterprise Edition reading and math programs and assessments. SAM features powerful reports with actionable data for screening, placement, and progress monitoring.
From Scholastic Achievement Manager™ (SAM), educators can access five classroom and multi-classroom reports for Scholastic Phonics Inventory as well as letters for the home.
TRUST YOUR RESULTS
Traditionally, educators have relied on print-based assessments to determine if students were proficient decoders. These assessments are usually administered on a one-on-one basis. While highly validated, these assessments are time consuming and require extensive training for the test’s administrator and scorer.
Thus, the benefits of the Scholastic Phonics Inventory are clear:
- A computer-based assessment is designed for fast, efficient administration; most students will complete the tests in under 10 minutes.
- Assessment on technology is fast. No need for scheduling, pulling out of the classroom, and calling attention to the student’s individual assessment needs.
- Automated scoring virtually eliminates scoring error.
- Unintentional bias due to regional or cultural disparities between administrator and test taker are lessened when using the computer to test student response and not their vocal production.
- Rater reliability is low for orally presented tests; SPI overcomes the issue of testing consistency through computer technology.