Ensure the right students are aligned to the right assessment
A Reliable and Validated Measure of Decoding and Sight Word Reading Fluency
- Research-based, SPI was created to assess mastery of foundational reading skills by measuring both accuracy and fluency.
- Validated against the Test of Word Reading Fluency Efficiency (TOWRE) and the Woodcock-Johnson III, SPI is proven to provide accurate results.
Fast & Accurate
- Hundreds of students can be tested simultaneously.
- Results are immediately available at the individual, classroom, school, and district level.
Effective and Cost Efficient
- A sustainable investment, SPI is a server-based program with perpetual and reusable student licenses.
- SPI can be administered anywhere there is a computer-no need for one-to-one administration, no need for pullout.
- Minimal expertise required to administer the SPI
Assess students in three equivalent test forms. Students' accuracy and fluency are measured in four areas of reading:
Practice tests evaluate students' ability to use the mouse.
Letter recognition tests assess students' recognition of lower-case letters.
Sight Word Recognition
Sight-word recognition tests assess students' knowledge of high-frequency sight-words.
Non Word Decoding
Nonword decoding tests assess students' decoding skills using nonwords that follow the conventions of the English language. These words are decodable but cannot be read from memory.