Who is a Candidate for Scholastic Phonics Inventory?
Students in Grades 3-12+ who:
- Receive a score at or below the 25th percentile of a normed reading test.
- Show weakened performance in content areas.
- Rely on visual memory and sight-word recall to read.
- Are entering upper elementary level work.
- Are new students who are English language learners.
- Are recommended by a teacher.
Using Scholastic Reading Inventory?
SPI is a recommended second screening for students with a Lexile® score:
- Below 400L in the elementary grades
- Below 600L in the middles school grades
- Below 800L in high school or for adult learners