In the Classroom
Instruction in the Scholastic Early Childhood
Program is centered around three learning areas: Circle Time, Story Time,
and Learning Centers. The theme-based Teacherís Guide provides daily lessons
for each area to balance purposeful-play with teacher-directed instruction.
The Scholastic Early Childhood Program is flexible to support all
the children in your prekindergarten classroom, whether it includes
a multiage group or children with special needs.
The program specifically identifies ways to modify for the following
- Classes with both 3- and 4-year-olds
- Classes with only 3-year-olds
- Classes with 4-year-old repeaters (tips for developing a two
The Scholastic Early Childhood Program helps you to organize your
classroom and make modifications for children with Special Needs.
In the program you will find charts on modifying for:
- Children with Visual Challenges
- Children with Hearing Challenges
- Children with Physical Challenges
- Children with Cognitive Challenges
- Children with Social/Emotional Challenges;
Download a Sample