Research Based, Classroom Tested, and Kid Approved!
Scholastic Sound & Letter Time provides engaging, hands-on magnetic games to teach and practice two essential early reading skills: phonemic awareness and alphabet recognition. Through the combination of explicit instruction and playful activities and games, children will learn these essential early reading skills with enthusiasm.
Learn About the Research Foundation! Download (PDF)
Why Scholastic Sound & Letter Time will WORK for your classroom:
- Meets Early Reading First requirements for phonemic awareness
- Explicit instruction that reinforces the connection between sounds and letters
- Articulation exercises to help children distinguish confusing sounds and letters.
- Sequential, step-by-step leveling of all skills.
- Over 100 research-based, instructional games and activities for K–1 and over 50 for PreK
- Sequential, step-by-step leveling of all skills
- Informal observation for assessing student progress.
- Vivid photographic images on each magnet to help build vocabulary
- Color-coded games and storage system for ease-of-use