Reading Assessment Program Overview
SCHOLASTIC READING INVENTORY™ (SRI)
is a research-based, computer-adaptive reading assessment program for students in Grades K–12 that measures reading comprehension on the Lexile Framework® for Reading. The most powerful feature of the SRI is its ability to administer fast and reliable low-stakes assessment to inform instruction and make accurate placement recommendations. Aligned to state tests, SRI helps educators forecast student achievement to those important goals.
With SRI, educators can:
Support an RTI Framework®
- Reporting on a developmental scale, Scholastic Reading Inventory supports universal screening for all instructional levels.
- Assessing in a computer-adaptive environment supports progress monitoring for Tier I and Tier III.
Receive an Accurate, Native Lexile® Score
- Assessing students directly on a proven, computer-adaptive instrument, provides a highly accurate score.
- Assessing on Scholastic Reading Inventory provides a native Lexile® score, not a derived score from a correspondence table.
Forecast Growth toward State Goals
- When state reading goals are aligned to the Lexile Framework®, Scholastic Reading Inventory can forecast individual and group outcomes.
- With forecast tools, instructional interventions can be targeted, personalized, and effective.
- With 21 reports that provide clear actionable data, Scholastic Reading Inventory keeps all educators focused on outcomes.
- With 6 bilingual school-to-home letters, Scholastic Reading Inventory helps educators communicate learning goals to parents and guardians.