5: Check Comprehension & Apply Writing
- Check their comprehension skills
- Apply what they've learned to their own writing
- Writing tools and paper for students
Step 1: Wrap up the lesson by using the following discussion questions to check comprehension:
- Why is the Leaning Tower of Pisa so famous?
- What was the problem with the tower?
- How did the engineers solve the problem?
- Which text features did you find most helpful?
- What clues in the article helped you figure out the text structure?
Step 2: Have students write two or three sentences that tell you about the article. Ask them to include the following:
Home | 6 Reasons | 5-Day Unit Plan | 4 Sources
3 Comprehension Strategies | 2 Ideas | 1-on-1