Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words, listed below. Use the glossary if you need help with definitions.
1. A team of ____________ trekked deep into the rain forest to study different plant species.
2. Many ____________ groups are working to preserve the world's rain forests.
3. Humans are the main ____________ for the disappearing rain forests.
4. Illegal hunters, or ____________, stalk the rain forest at night looking for animals.
5. Brazil's Mata Atlantica is one of the most ____________ rain forests in the world.
6. Farming, mining, and cattle ranching have led to ____________, or the cutting down of rain forests.
7. Rain forests are some of the most complex ____________ on Earth.
8. Many of today's ____________ come from plants in the rain forest.
9. Destruction of the rain forest limits ____________, or a wide variety of animal and plant life.
10. Many scientists do their research at night because the animals they study are ____________.