The Desktop News application will work on MAC OS X. (This download
requires the latest version of Stuffit
Expander, available for free download.)
- Click the button above to download the Macintosh version of the
Desktop News wallpaper. The download will appear in a directory of
- Go to that directory and double-click on the file “Scholastic_News_Desktop.sit” to
create a new file called “Scholastic_News_Desktop.app”.
(On some systems this step will happen automatically.)
- Open “Scholastic_News_Desktop.app” and the Desktop
News application will install.
- A Screentime icon will appear on the upper right hand corner of
your desktop. Select “Make wallpaper interactive” so you
can use the links on the wallpaper to connect to Scholastic’s
daily Top Story and weekly Vote Now! debate.
- Click on the Screentime icon again and select “Show Desktop
To Un-install the desktop countdown on a Mac:
Click the Screentime icon on the upper right hand corner of the
desktop and select “Preferences.”
- Select “Delete selected desktop.”
- Deselect “Start SWF Desktop at Login” and close pop-up