The Desktop News application will work on Windows 95 and later versions.
(This download requires WinZip® software to open the file. Click here
to download the evaluation version from the WinZip Web site)
- Click the button above to download the Zip archive containing the
Windows version of the Desktop News application to your desired directory.
- After downloading, go to the directory where you downloaded the
archive. Double-click on the downloaded file ("Scholastic_ News_
Desktop.zip") to open the archive.
- Next, double click on the Desktop News file ("Scholastic_News.exe").
A dialogue box will open. Click the button that reads "Install."
Then follow the steps for installation.
If your Desktop News does not display, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu. Select "Settings" and then "Control
- In the Control Panel window, double-click "Display." The
"Display Properties" window will open.
- On the tabs at the top of the "Display Properties" window,
- On the "Background" pulldown list, select "Scholastic_News_Desktop."
To Un-install the desktop countdown on a PC:
Follow the instructions above to open the Control Panel and deselect