By changing the Equatorward Temperature, Poleward Temperature, and Relative
Humidity you can turn sunny skies into the perfect day for a snowstorm.
Interactive Weather Maker Directions:
As you manipulate the weather, remember these two rules:
- The temperature towards the poles (either north or south) must always
be less than the temperature towards the equator.
- The maximum difference in the two temperatures is 70 degrees.
Investigate How Weather Is Made:
Follow these steps to get extra insight into how weather works:
- Using the Weather Maker, observe the effects of certain changes.
- Gather data: how much of a change in temperature is needed
to make it snow?
- Start investigating why changing individual conditions cause
a specific change in the overall weather. Review our Weather
Facts (PDF) to help with your investigation.
Flash Plug-in is required to view the Interactive Weather Maker.
If you don't have it, click
here to download it for free.